Thursday, February 12, 2009

Post-Result Month..

Hello people,

I got bored off writing stuff.. But nonetheless, let me describe my current work..

Before that, let me tell the world that I HAVE ENTERED 'NGEE ANN POLYTECHNIC - PRODUCT DESIGN AND INNOVATION' COURSE!! Yes, I like it and it sounds really interesting to me.. Ahaha.. And yes, I have deferred from full-time National Service.. So stop saying i'm already in NS.. Lolz..


Currently, I'm working under Saffron Hills Research - Project Botanica.. Very simple job, we just have to be at some park at certain shift times to sit there and click for every person who walks pass.. If one does not know what kind of job this is, im telling you.. Its called NATIONAL SURVEY.. Ahaha.. One person to one entrance, they will tally the amount of people walking in and out of the park to a computer sensor in the park.. Only several parks across Singapore has these sensors.. Simple job and the only tiring part of this job is its long hours of boredom.. 6hours sitting there watching people walk pass is already quite tiring.. Thats why its up to the Supervisors to save the clickers by giving them toiletbreaks and foodbreaks.. Lucky for my team, I am one of the supervisors.. Trying not to be linear, every break i offer for my team, I shall offer to other team.. Meanwhile, my team consists of Keng Yang, Wei Xian, Frederick and Jia Jun (Fred's cousin).. Supervisor role seemed simple enough at first.. Until I carried it out on Wednesday..


On Wednesday morning, 2am, I woke up to research on the park we were allocated at.. Toa Payoh Town Park.. I learnt that it was just beside the HDB hub as well as Toa Payoh MRT station.. Great! I found out more.. 985's route was just across the highway.. Excellent, means I can go back to school at a cheaper and more convinient method.. Ahaha.. Freshened myself up and left home around3.30am to walk over to the nearby 7-11 Convinient Store.. Got myself cupnoodles and a small carton of Soyamilk.. After consuming my meal, it was already 3.55am.. I walked over to Wei Xian block and waited for him before flagging down a taxi.. We rode all the way to Fajar Secondary to fetch Keng Yang before proceeding to Toa Payoh Park.. When we arrived, I was shocked by the price.. $19.20.. It was really expensive.. Thank god the company would cover it if we offered receipt.. When Frederick and Jun Jie arrived by taxi, I messaged the Operations Executive Jenson that we have arrived at.... 4.30AM!! 30mins earlier than reporting time.. Ahaha.. Always better to be early than late right? XD


When he arrived, we had a tour around Toa Payoh Park.. 4 clicking spots.. 2 spots right next to each other, one at a nearby bridge and the last one far off at a corner.. My team drew numbers and Keng Yang recieved the far corner spot.. Wei Xian and Frederick recieved the spot together.. Jia Jun got the bridge spot.. I choose to visit Keng Yang the most because that was the only place I could sit and rest.. But it was a 10mins walk away from the rest.. Soon, it reached 5.45am and the cameras were positioned and recording the entire process of my team clicking until 11am.. As supervisor, I planned a routine for myself and dedicated 15mins per clicker for toilet break.. After the first round of toiletbreak, I started to change the batteries.. After changing all the videocam's batteries, I crossed over and got everyone brunch (breakfast + lunch in 1 meal).. After which, I decided to rest at Keng Yang's spot.. Was very tired.. He soon helped me to send the other team members for toilet break.. We continued to do this until 11am.. End of my team's shift..


Wei Xian had to extend his shift by 3hours as some guy couldnt make it for his duty.. I had to stay around because as Supervisor, I had to work from 5am-2pm not like them 5am-11am.. I briefed the new team of workers and soon proceeded to Wei Xian's spot to chat and rest.. Soon before 2pm, I proceeded to offer every team member of team 2 toilet breaks before waiting for the other Supervisor to arrive.. Once he relieved me off my duty, I went off with Wei Xian to school for NCC.. We found out that we had to walk a long path to reach the 985 bus stop.. Eventually, we were on the bus and left for school.. Simply said, it was a tiring day for all of us..
The rain kinda cooled things off and I soon went home and fell asleep fast..

Thats about it guys! BLOG UPDATED!!

No comments: